I Love You Friday . . . .


Today is the last official day of summer. Other than the physical date on the calendar, there are so many signs around me that the Summer of 2013 is fading . . .  
  • The Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back in Starbucks (side note: has anyone tried the Salted Caramel Latte? <3!).
  • I have the urge to wear tall boots 
  • I keep seeing the word "cozy"
  • I bought mums
As a new mom (yes, after 20 months, I still think I'm relatively new at this whole mom thing), the change of seasons always makes me a bit nostalgic.  As I pack up my daughter's summer clothes, I am painfully reminded that she is never going to be this small again.  This is the only summer we will share when she was just this size.  Just learning to say "hi".  Just learning to say "bye". Just learning to wave at the seagulls and search for seashells in the sand. So many moments that made me just want to stop the Earth spinning and say "freeze".

There were kiddie pools, and heat waves,watermelons and milk shakes. We grew strawberries, veggies, and one too many cucumbers. We watched the flower gardens grow and burst with color. We hung out with friends, big and small.  We celebrated half birthdays, birthdays, and "just because we can" days. We colored on tables, made rainbows on the sidewalk, took naps on Mama's shoulder. There were trips to playgrounds and adventures down slides long and short.

There is so much magic to a summer spent with a young child. So many things that just seem to be filled with wonder.

xoxo,
Ally


No comments:

Post a Comment