{Two Sweet}


As if we didn't have enough to celebrate this past month, last weekend we celebrated Chuck's 2nd birthday at my house with four close friends, pizza, and a lot of cupcakes!

Last year, I invited the world to celebrate Chuck's Winter Wonderland birthday celebration. This year, I decided to keep it a bit more simple and do something that I knew the kids would enjoy- decorate cupcakes!  Chuck loves cupcakes!  We don't eat them all that often, but when we do it is absolutely adorable!  

I found this cupcake garland online, and I was completely inspired!  Visions of pom pom cupcake garlands, polkadots, tiny bakers, candy, and tea trays stacked with copious amounts of cupcakes, filled my imagination.  Chuck is way too bright of a personality for soft pastels, so I knew I needed I bright color palette for this party.  The pom pom cupcakes were so easy to make, I may have gone a bit overboard.  
I had some play dough cupcakes and coloring  set up for our mini guests when they arrived, since I knew once they saw the real thing they would dig right in. This short-lived distraction was the perfect thing to keep little hands (and the occasional mouth) entertained while waiting for their cupcakes.

As soon as our guests were seated, the decorating began! Everyone was handed the blank canvas of a vanilla cupcake to work with.  Each child had their own palette of candy cups filled with cupcake decorating materials: sprinkles, sugar stars and eyeballs, and an assortment of small candies.   We don't indulge in candy often in my house (mainly because Chuck's mama can't be trusted with bags of sweets in the house), so watching each kid dig into their own candy buffet was absolute magic.


It was a sweet way to end a season filled with celebrations and start a new year! 

Cupcakes: Delicate Designs 
Decor: Candy Cups, Table Cloth, Cupcake Liners, Cake Stand Shop Sweet Lulu
Chuck's Dress: Winter Water Factory




No comments:

Post a Comment