Project {Brushless Painting}


In our house, the whole family gets into LuCk's crazy shenanigans. Just last week, Lucas's dad brought home shipping paper from work. It was 4 by 16 feet! I knew that it was destined for something wonderful. When Super Bowl Sunday rolled around and we had nothing super planned Lucas and I pulled it out for some painting. 

Toddlers love to paint! It's so much fun to watch the paint glide across the paper and make new and exciting colors! 

Painting is even more fun when you don't use a paintbrush. Lucas loves cars and trucks I thought it would be fun to use those. Since I wanted to take full advantage of the large paper I skipped over the matchbox cars and went right for the Tonka trucks. I asked Lucas to pick two and he opted for a dump truck and a grader. 

When it was time to choose the paint we went with red for stop and green for go!

Lucas loved watching the different tracks the trucks made. He then noticed that his little feet were making tracks as well! 



One of my favorite things about exploring with Lucas is he always comes up with ideas I never would of thought of. I put out the trucks to use the wheels to make tracks. Lucas found that if you lift the bed of the dump truck it makes long, thick lines that move large blobs of paint. It was so much fun to watch and I never would of thought of that on my own!






2 comments:

  1. I'm literally doing this over the summer with my Roo. Now to just remember

    ReplyDelete