Project {Flower Crowns}


Chuck and I had a great time visiting Scotts' Farm in Essex to pick our own flowers.  It was a great way to spend a summer day!  In fact, we had such a great time picking flowers, that we almost had an embarrassment of riches.  I know what to do when I pick too many blueberries (freeze them), or pick to many strawberries (jam them), or pick one too many apples (sauce them).  But, I was a bit stumped for a project for "what to do with all these flowers!"  

Scrolling through Instagram one day, I was completely inspired by the idea of flower crowns.  There have been so many gorgeous examples floating through my feed, that I just knew I had to make one!  It turns out they are pretty simple to fumble your way through.  Although Chuck enjoyed our mama/daughter flower crowns, this project definitely requires adult hand, fingers, and patience. 

Materials
Floral Stem Wire (we used 16 gauge)
Floral Tape
Flowers of a variety of sizes (the fresher the better) 

How To Make a Flower Crown
1. Create a crown shape using the floral stem wire. I simply made a circle, and then bent the wire on the ends to form hooks 

2) Gently wrap the stem of the flower around the wire and secure it in place using the floral tape.  
3) Keep layering and taping the flowers until you've achieved the desired look



I surprised Little Miss C with her crown when she woke up from her nap.  It lasted a couple of days in the fridge, but was definitely worth a couple of hours of imaginative play!  








No comments:

Post a Comment