Project {Bathtub Fingerpaint}


Before this latest cold snap causes my brain to freeze and crystalize, I want to take a moment and remember summer. Remember summer?  When brain freezes were more than likely the result of eating ice cream too quickly?  The days were long, and anything seemed possible? Summer is my "happy place" .  Let's go there . . .

Since this Polar Vortex is sucking the life out of me, and every parent I know. Yet somehow it has the exact opposite effect on the little people (why is that?  discuss . . . )  I thought it would be fun to look back at a happier time and throwback to the summer!

Before this blog came to be, LuCk and Co was still out there playing and having fun with our kids. One hot summer day, I whipped up 6 batches of bathtub fingerpaint. 
Yes, six. 
I didn’t really know how much fingerpaint was needed by 3 toddlers in an inflatable swimming pool and I didn’t want to run out!  In case there is a parent out there searching for the exact phrase "how many batches of bathtub fingerpaint do you need for 3 toddlers" the answer is "3". 

We set-up the inflatable pool in the backyard (it needed a good wash anyways), and with the fingerpaint and a few sponge brushes, we all got painting and scrubbing!  We put kraft paper down in the pool and let the kids get creative. They really got into it once they realized they could paint their feet. The kids had a great time and the cleanup was super easy, all we had to do was get out the hose (aaahhh ... the magic of Summer)

The only recommendation I would have if you are going to use it in your actual bath tub is to be careful of the kind of soap you choose. Lucas used the leftover paint in the tub and ended up with a bit of a rash. Next time, I am going to use his hair/body wash if I make it for him to use in the tub.


4 comments:

  1. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.
    27 bathroom vanity 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I am facing some difficulties to understand the meaning of the blog. If you have any short video film related to your blog, then I would request you to share here. It would be great help.
    Bath Tub Reglazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.
    aqua eden bathtub 

    ReplyDelete
  4. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.
    Bathtub Refinishing

    ReplyDelete